Pages

Saturday 18 August 2012

I will not hide my faith

I've been thinking about blogging for a while, and the need to do so was finally confirmed after a conversation with my brother in which he told me that I needed to 'ighten up'. Lightening up apparently consists of laughing at a song which is both crude in its objectification of the human person and pro-choice.

I will not lighten up. I refuse to hide my faith in my own home, among my family. Some of them cling to a reduced Christianity, others have abandoned it altogether.

I was going to name this blog along the lines of "refusing recusancy" with the idea that the Recusant Catholics were driven into hiding. Then I looked it up, and I found that recusancy is a "refusal to submit to established authority: originally the refusal of Roman Catholics to attend services of the Church of England". Actually I do, and I do want to, submit to the established authority of the Church. What I don't want to submit to is political correctness, the culture of death in which we live, the dictatorship of relativism and the need to conform to the majority view of our secularist society just becasue it's easier.

This blog may just be an outlet for my own frustration, or it may be something more. I'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will almost certainly be published, but it would be nice if they included things like capital letters and full stops, and didn't include text speak.