Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Not in my name

Whilst I try to mainly limit myself to writing about healthcare-related issues, one of the reasons I started blogging was because I was fed up with people telling me that as an [educated] woman there were things I should want (sex, drugs and the ordination of women) and things I shouldn't want (marriage, children, self-respect, and the right not to sing Shine, Jesus, Shine) and I was especially fed up with being told this by nominally Catholic women claiming to speak on behalf of all Catholics. I am therefore delighted to discover that I am not the only person who believes in, strives to live by and supports the teaching of the Church. Catholic Women Rising is 'a place for practicing Catholic women who support the Church’s teaching on sexuality, contraception, abortion, marriage and the ordination of women, to stand up and be counted.'

While I'm on the subject, I should just take this opportunity to plug the vastly improved website of the Women's Section of the Pontifical Council for the Laity. This is definitely a website with something for everyone, from philosophy to book reviews (and probably philosophical book reviews as well), from current affairs to anthropology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will almost certainly be published, but it would be nice if they included things like capital letters and full stops, and didn't include text speak.